Cosmetic acupuncture is also known as acupuncture facial rejuvenation, and sometimes called an acupuncture facelift. It’s the use of traditional acupuncture to slow the signs of aging in your face, tune up your skin, and to bring back that youthful glow to your cheeks.
Cosmetic acupuncture is a great choice for aging baby boomers who want to give their skin a little boost, but don’t want to inject Botox, fillers, or go the surgical route. It also works well for younger women (and men) who want their skin to look its best. So here are my top ten benefits of choosing cosmetic acupuncture rather than chemical or surgical options:
9 Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
1. Cosmetic acupuncture increases the circulation in your skin. Your circulation tends to get a little sluggish as you age. Cosmetic acupuncture brings all those nutrient goodies like collagen and elastin back to where you want it—in your face and neck.
2. The increased circulation translates into better skin tone, fewer fine lines, and even some lift around sagging jowls and baggy eyes.
3. It’s safe. No side effects here, other than the occasional bruise, which heals in less than a week. You don’t have to worry about scarring, lumps, or botched procedures.
4. Your health benefits from the sessions, too. During a cosmetic acupuncture treatment, your acupuncturist also treats any health concerns that you have. They do this because beautiful skin is linked to good health. You can’t have beautiful, glowing skin if you’re health is suffering.
5. Cosmetic acupuncture is effective in treating acne, eczema, and rosacea.
6. It’s relaxing. It may seem unlikely that an acupuncture treatment is relaxing, but the truth is that acupuncture increases the release of endorphins, those feel-good chemicals in your brain. This means that from the time you’re on the table for hours, and sometime days after your treatment, you’ll feel mellow, rested, and less stressed.
7. Cosmetic acupuncture is chemical-free. There are no acid peels, Botox, or injectable fillers involved in the process.
8. You’ll spend less money on cosmetic acupuncture than if you go the plastic surgery or injectable route.
9. The effects of cosmetic acupuncture can last years with just minor tune ups every six months or so. There is no down time with cosmetic acupuncture. You can have a treatment at lunch and head back to work glowing and relaxed.
Source: Simple Steps: The Chinese Way to Better Health, Lynn Jaffee Book